A Conversation for International Driving Etiquette

Parking Etiquette?

Post 1

ouiskiandzoda

I'd like some input, please indicate the locale for which you refer:

Are there regions or areas where parking (on the public street) in front of someone's house is considered reserved especially for the residents and guests of that household? What about densely populated cities, versus small towns, versus rural areas? Do these norms provide for a relaxed attitude during construction in another part of the neighborhood? Is consideration given for households with more vehicles than can fit in the driveway off the public street? What about age--are older drivers given more consideration than the young? Is there an "acceptable" amount of time one may park in front of a neighbor's house before anger may ensue?

The law outlines the MINIMUM standards of consideration we can expect--what is actually proper to expect of one's neighbors?


Key: Complain about this post

Parking Etiquette?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more