A Conversation for The Dodo - an Extinct Bird

Where to see a dodo

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

You can see the skeleton of a dodo in the Natural History Museum in Dublin, Ireland.


Where to see a dodo

Post 2

eloisa

Also one at a wildlife place on Jersey but I can't remember exactly where cos I, haven't bee there for years.


Where to see a dodo

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Most likely Jersey Zoo. The dodo is the symbol of the zoo, because it represents the animal species that man has destroyed. The purpose of Jersey Zoo is to save as many of endangered species as possible.


Where to see a dodo

Post 4

eloisa

Gerald Durral. I can't spell while drunk. Which, as a witch, is cause for concern. Note to self, do not attenpt major work whilst under the influence. Although my grandfather was the most powerful witch in the family and was very rarely sober!


Where to see a dodo

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit 'breaking news' though no hurry the bird is already dead
"'October 2005 researchers discovered a mass grave of dodos'
< http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2005-12-27-dodod-fossils_x.htm >


Sounds nearly the same as the last recent discovery of fossils, in 1920 smiley - biggrin. "


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more