A Conversation for Towels

Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 1

Stubaby

Whilst on holiday, nip down to the pool at 4.30 am and place your
towel on the best sun-bed, thus reserving it for the rest of the day.


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 2

Zach Garland

Does this really work in Germany? In the U.S. if you leave a towel by the pool at 4:30am to reserve a spot, you'll return later to discover the towel has either been removed (i.e. stolen), thrown in the trash, or used by several people and left trampled on the floor.

My how cultures differ! smiley - smiley


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 3

Arthur

No, they don't mean IN Germany, just that Germans are reputed to do this all over the world. It's probably not true anyway, any more than the Irish are stupid and drunk all the time, the English wear bowler hats and Americans are stupid and overweight. Well, I don't wear a bowler hat, anyway...


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Ahh, such stereotypes.. We English can be as drunken and as fat as teh Irish any day smiley - winkeyesmiley - erm


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 5

Julz - forgive me, i appear to have lost my mind


top of the morning to you!

talk about unfair stereotyping, we scots are in fact NOT all bekilted, NOT all ginger, and NOT all rather partial to haggis smiley - winkeye


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 6

TilmanBaumann

You have to expect that this trick would really work in Germany..

Anyone will hate you for doing this, but noone will do anything, noone will tell you... Maybe most people will not notice that this towel lays here for so long. It's not their bussines.

The bad thing on this story is, that if you presume to take the towel away or even say anything the owner will feel affected and will not appreciate his fault.
(He knows it is not ok. But he theoreticaly has the right to do it. But however he will not appreciate that)


Uses for towels (Germans)

Post 7

Arktos

Now it is summer and time to enjoy the sunny outdoor.
But any real german won`t go anywhere without his beer.
So what does he do if his beer got warm and he would like a cold beer from his backpack? (He sure don`t have accsess to a fridge)

If he is smart, he got his towel with him.
He needs only to
1 Wet his towel in a nearby pond,
2 Wrap the towel around a bottle of beer,
3 Place it in the sun
4 And wait for the moist in the towel to evaporate enough to cool the beer down to a satisfactory chill... smiley - biggrin Voila! The Refridgitowel.

Enjoy! smiley - ale

PS: I heard germans prefer room tempered beer, but I guess this little tip is useful for everyone else.
Also the technique can be applied to any other refreshing drink that is to be enjoyed chilled.smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more