A Conversation for Fax Machines

Fax Advertising

Post 1

DickieP

One of the worst aspects of the fax machine is the use of bulk-faxing facilities to send adverts or press releases.
In our office, we received a Friends of the Earth fax once every two days that was put into a non-recycling bin without being looked at. The amount of paper that this green organisation must have wasted (even after being informed, by e-mail) was incredible.


Fax Advertising

Post 2

The Dancing Tree

Auto-dialers are worse. I have one that keeps coming through to my phone-line at work. Due to it being an internal system I can't use dial-back to find out the number. Hence, every two weeks or so I get half an hour of bring bring (pick up) beeeeeeeeeeeee (put down) bring bring ...

Grr.


Fax Advertising

Post 3

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Why not transfer the call to your fax - we have the same problem but our fax machine is connected to the internal network so we can easily dump those nuisance fax calls. Though it's more fun to transfer it to somebody you don't like. Especially if they get easily wound up and have loads to do.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more