Cinemas in Leeds, West Yorks, UK

3 Conversations


A guide to the main cinemas in Leeds

Ster Century


Starting in the very centre of Leeds we have the Ster Century Cinema.


This cinema is based in the newest building called the Light, which is located on the Headrow. Cinema has a large number of screens mainly showing the lastest big films. The seating is very good as you would expect for a venue which only opened in the past year.There are a number of restaurant here if you want to eat first. Ticket prices start at £4.50 for adults before 5pm and £5.50 after. Child/student prices are £4.20 although Tuesday is cheap day for students with prices of £3.00, senior screens are £2.50 and Kids Club is £1.00 for selected films. Ster also does a family ticket for £16.80.

Parking is available in the light carpark this is chargeable at an hourly rate, and also at the nearby NCP carpark which has a charge of £1 for an evenings parking

Warner Village


Working out we have Warner Village Cinemas at Cardigan Fields on Kirstall Road. Again the cinema shows mainly the lastest cinema blockbusters. There are about ten screens at this venue again seating is good and opened roughly 3-4 years ago. This is just outside the centre it is workable but catching a bus, 15, 33, 670, 732, 733, 736, 757 and 760, is advisable.

There is a large free carpark at this site.


Also at the site are a number of restaurants as well as a bowling Alley, Virgin Active Gym and Creation Night Club. Ticket prices range from £4.70 to £5.50 for adults, £4.10 for students and OAPs, Children £3.10 - £3.90. (although these prices vary between cinemas and showings and are not generally given on the website until you book)

Showcase


On the Outskirts we have the Showcase Cinema. This cinema is at the junction of the M62 and M621, again this is surrounded by restaurants. The cinema has been open for a long time and shows the main blockbuster films. could be considered an out of town industrial type cinema. Again tickets prices are not shown on the website until you book. Adults £4.00-£5.25, Children/ Senior Citizens £4.00 - £4.20.

Again there is a large free car park.

Odeon


Finally we have the Leeds/Bradford Odeon. Located on the Thornbury roundabout, off Leeds Road, opposite MacDonald's. This cinema is about as far out of Leeds and Bradford as you can get so if you're in the centre or east of Leeds then this isn't really the place to go. No comment on the feel of this cinema is available at this time. Although they do not show just the lastest movies (ie currently showing Top Gun).
Prices on the website start at £2.00 but seem to be mainly £2.95. So if you can get there appears to be value for money

Again there is a large free car park at this cinema

The Lounge and Cottage Road

These two cinemas in are the north of Leeds in Headlingly also known as Student Vill.

They have a joint website. A few interesting facts about the lounge, its one of the oldest purpose built cinemas still in operation, but it has been recently refurbished. It is also the only cinema with a licenced bar! However do to the size they don't have a large range of films on offer.

Cottage road has more of a choice, and has been showing films since 1912, however it only has a single screen with 468 seats. Prices start from £1.50 for children and £3.50 for adults.

There are no dedicated parking faciliates at these cinema need to be careful of parking restrictions on the local roads.

Footnotes


Please note that all the prices quoted are correct at time of writing 1st Oct 2003


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1311328

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more