A Conversation for Cyborgs in Science Fiction

Borg Queen

Post 1

Diddy!

I don't think the borg queen originated from species 1. In a voyager episode i'm sure she mentioned she came from species 125. It definately wasn't species 1 tho.


Borg Queen

Post 2

Atlantic_Cable

But that Queen was the replacement for the Alice Krige character. Even she may not have been the original. Presumably, even the Borg would have trouble keeping someone alive that long.

But I take your point, there's no reason for the Borg queen to be from species one.


Borg Queen

Post 3

Diddy!

I'm not sure that is all correct.

The reason they changed the character of Alice Krige is cus she wasn't available for the voyager episodes. We never really got to know whether the queen really died in First Contact or how she exists.

It was in voyager episode 'Dark Frontier' she told 7 of 9 in the second episode that she originated from species 125 as i watched it the other day!

If we knew how the queen exists then we would know one way or another whether it's the same queen!

Diddy!


Borg Queen

Post 4

Atlantic_Cable

Yes, damn those casting directors! smiley - smiley

It is a matter of conjecture.

As someone who spends WAY too much time on alt.startrek, I wrote this from conjecture.

There's three types of Star Trek "fact".

1. Cannon. Mentioned in an episode or movie or book.
2. Manuals. Mentioned in a Star Trek manual. (Non cannon)
3. Conjecture. Hypothesised based on available facts from one or both of the above sources.

It's really sad that I know this. smiley - winkeye

Anyway, I was basing it on conjecture. It "appears" that the Borg queen in Dark Frontier is different because elsewhere it is mentioned that for every Borg queen, there is at least one queen-in-waiting.

Therefore I decided to believe that the Dark Frontiers queen is a different person, played by a different actor.

Of course this all happened because, as you said, Alice Krige wasn't available.

Which makes you wonder, what else in Star Trek is there as a "last minute fix" to a real casting/plotline/special effects problem?


Anyway, thanks for the feedback. It's nice to know someone is reading my stuff. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more