A Conversation for Finding and Eliminating Fleas on Your Cat

Aerosols!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Is it deliberate that you have two different "Aerosol Spray" sub-headings? smiley - ermsmiley - cat


Aerosols!

Post 2

Baron Grim

Yea... I agree Peet. Maybe one should be "Environmental Aerosol Sprays" and the other "Topical Aerosol Sprays", or something along these lines.

On another note, I think this is a pretty good entry. I have fairly strong opinions on the subject of fighting fleas (almost as strong as my opinions on fighting mosquitoessmiley - winkeye) but I tend to agree with the points made on the differing methods. I personally do not think much of any treatments available at the shops as I've never found any to be effective and some have been found to be quite dangerous (and luckily some were therefore taken off the market). I've had the most success with a prescription spot treatment. On the first use of it, my cat jumped on the back of my couch and as we were laying there, I noticed dozens of convulsing little dark spots tumbling down the back of the couch. All of the fleas on the cat were killed in only a few hours and for the next several weeks any fleas that jumped on her died shortly after. I didn't need to spray the house. Mind you, I'm lucky as I have a fenced in yard so I can isolate my (mostly) inside cat and my two dogs from other infected pets so I only treat my pets when I find fleas. This can be many months between treatments, so for me the 'expensive' spot treatments, because of their effectiveness, are very affordable. A six month supply has lasted me for well over a year and a half now.

Anyway, that's my smiley - 2cents... Nice entry smiley - ok

smiley - vampire CZ


Aerosols!

Post 3

Hypatia

Great article. I like the spot treatments as well. And I agree that the ones sold in the pet shops are generally ineffective. I have a fried who swears by the shots.

I have one kitty who is allergic to almost everything. I found that if I use the spot treatment on my other cats (I have 4 total), she doesn't have many fleas either. I use a flea comb on her and only occassionally find a flea.

And I treat my yard with liquid sevin. That helps as well.


Aerosols!

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Please note that neither author nor subeditor was the one who inserted the subheaders smiley - winkeye it was a bulleted list when I submitted it.

smiley - run
Mikey


Aerosols!

Post 5

The H2G2 Editors


Fixed smiley - ok


Aerosols!

Post 6

Baron Grim

Better, but should one be plural while the other is singular?

smiley - vampire Count Zero's a LoON


Aerosols!

Post 7

The H2G2 Editors


Fixed smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post