A Conversation for Conventions of Soap Opera

If a soap was to end tomorrow....

Post 1

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

Imagine, just imagine, that your current favourite soap was to air its last programme tomorrow. How do you imagine the scriptwriters would tie up all the story threads into one, neat, plausible ending?

No plane crashes, suicide bombers, plague or pestilence!! smiley - ok


If a soap was to end tomorrow....

Post 2

Zelmo Zale

It would be very dramatic if all the soap characters, as one, stopped halfway through their conversations and all just lay down on the floor in silence. Then fade to black. Kind of like in the Radiohead video for 'Just'. Spooky...


If a soap was to end tomorrow....

Post 3

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

Is that the video where they all lay on the floor, and no one gets up, and it all gets very wierd? Just like Emmerdale when you've just had a spliff.

Or is it just me......??????????????

smiley - ok


If a soap was to end tomorrow....

Post 4

8584330

Ok, MonkeySanchez, I'll give it a try.

The grandparent figure gets a job as a Walmart greeter, and no longer has time to dispense nuggets of wisdom.

The strong woman becomes the founder of a chain of women's gyms.

Jack-the-lad becomes fabulously wealthy during the current economic crisis as a short seller.

The young couple win the lottery, pay off all their bills, and retire.

Feisty young female realizes her independence as a franchise owner. With soap opera coincidence, the franchise just so happens to be a women's gym. She fulfills her artistic soul by painting murals on the gym walls.

Troublesome oldie slides into dementia.

The boss figure is downsized and takes to pan-handling.

smiley - smiley
HN


If a soap was to end tomorrow....

Post 5

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

Sterling effort, Happy Nerd, but you've missed the token coloured family and the "patently gay but no-one quite figures it out" fashion designer character.

Perhaps a National British Party (or whatever psuedonym they decide to use) win an election and 'repatriate' or 're-educate' these minorities. Not that I would ever want that to happen, I hasten to add- I am just 'imagineering'!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more