A Conversation for Indiana Jones - the Original Trilogy of Films

Hong Kong?

Post 1

Neily Peely

Thanks for the article. I can remember seeing 'Raiders' in the cinema back in 1981 - it was possibly the first film I saw in the 'pictures' without my parents being present and has remained a steadfast favourite. I recall the usually reserved British audience cheering when Indy defeated the sword wielding arabian - and that doesn't happen very often.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the beginning of 'Temple of Doom' set in Shanghai, not Hong Kong?

P.S. Lucas & Spielberg actually appear as missionaries in Dan Ackroyd's scene.


Hong Kong?

Post 2

Mu Beta

Shanghai/Hong Kong - I seem to remember we had a bit of a chinwag regarding where this scene was set, and came to the conclusion that while no-one was certain, it was *probably* Hong Kong. If you've some good evidence to the contrary, please let me know.smiley - smiley

B


Hong Kong?

Post 3

Guran

A quick look at the film should settle it ... straight after the opening titles, and coinciding with Indy's first entrance, in the club, a super appears stating "Shanghai - 1935".


Hong Kong?

Post 4

Ashley


Fixed smiley - ok


Hong Kong?

Post 5

Mu Beta

You see, I'm usually still raiding the fridge that early in a film.smiley - smiley

B


Hong Kong?

Post 6

Guran

To be honest, I didn't actually know that off the top of my head - I had to go and check the shooting script online! (Is there *nothing* you can't learn by typing a few words into Google?!)


Hong Kong?

Post 7

Mu Beta

The only thing I've comprehensively failed to learn from Google is what type of minor celebrity Mark Barano was.

I still wait in hope...

B


Hong Kong?

Post 8

Guran

I assume you refer to the lyric in "Tribe of Toffs" song "John Kettley (Is A Weatherman)" ... yes, sadly Google offers no answers there.


Hong Kong?

Post 9

Mu Beta

Yes, I do indeed. No less that 3 <./>askh2g2</.> threads have died in vain trying to find the answer to that question.

B


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more