A Conversation for Writing a Letter to the British Government

Dear sir, please can you do my homework for me...

Post 1

Conceited Little Megapuppy - Inbound traveller and Unas Matriarch

We get these all the time. Mostly from people doing theses/projects who want to locate statistics they can use and refer to.

They always get a polite reply, and we always direct them to appropriate sources of information. But I will always remember the schoolchild who asked us for help with their homework. They sent us the question paper and asked us to get our answers to the questions back to them in time for their handing in date!

And, no we didn't do the homework for them. Primarily because we didn't know the answer...

smiley - dog


Dear sir, please can you do my homework for me...

Post 2

sprout

I never saw one that blatant! I always thought that if it was on a precise point that they might have had difficulty getting info on then fair enough. If it was a trawl for all the data they might need for their project, then we had much less sympathy. In most cases, as you say it would generally end up with us referring them to appropriate sources of information.

Sprout


Dear sir, please can you do my homework for me...

Post 3

Conceited Little Megapuppy - Inbound traveller and Unas Matriarch

I think we missed the handing-in deadline as well!

smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more