A few of the best-known Glaswegians are:
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh (artist and architect)
- Travis (indie pop/rock group)
- The Lisbon Lions (Celtic 1967 European Cup winning team)
- Donald Dewar (Scotland's first First Minister)
- Sir Alex Ferguson (football manager)
Charles Rennie Mackintosh was a Glaswegian architect, designer and artist. The buildings he designed in Glasgow include:
- The Glasgow School of Art: found at 167, Renfew Street. As a functioning art school, guided tours only are available of this site that includes objects Mackintosh designed.
- The Willow Tea Rooms, located at 217, Sauchiehall Street and 97, Buchanan Street, offer the chance to have a coffee in a Rennie Mackintosh-designed setting.
- The Lighthouse, found at 11, Mitchell Lane, contains a 'Mack Room' which also describes the background to Charles Rennie Mackintosh's life and art.
- Scotland Street School Museum: located on 225, Scotland Street. The museum offers the chance to see both a Rennie Mackintosh-designed building and discover the history of education in Scotland.