If you ever ....
- felt your life is boring, and you need a thrill.
- wanted to be a big spender just once in your lifetime.
- needed to know what it's like to walk in the boots of Bill Gates or Howard Hughes.
- needed to provide a roofer / builder / mechanic with payment upfront and they couldn't provide you with their exact fee or charges.
- wondered how the European Union spends all that money.
- wanted to have made somebody really happy.
then this could be the entry for YOU.
As stock markets fall, internet security scandals arise and top pop acts are revealed to be only miming, the average man in the street has begun to take better care of himself and his money. Likewise Josephine Bloggs. With the increasing use of debit and credit cards, the art of cheque writing is slowly, but surely becoming lost to us all. Even more so though ... the art of writing a blank cheque.
But worry no longer, the following entry describes the procedure for writing a blank cheque in the U.K.1 Procedures may vary around the world, for example in the U.S.A.2 they do not have cheques, only checks.
Locate cheque book and find an available cheque.
Find a suitable writing implement. Ballpoint pens are probably best for this purpose, as pencils and crayons tend to be unacceptable to the bank.
Sign bottom righthand corner of the cheque.
Remove cheque from chequebook, taking care to avoid papercuts. Your cheque is now ready for presentation, mailing, dropping or whatever other purpose you require it for.
Remember to fill out the cheque book stub to make things easier when reconciling your next bank statement.