|Most Recent Conversations|
Happy New Year from the Post!
(Latest post: Jan 3, 2013)
How to Find the Post
(Latest post: Aug 7, 2012)
Have you been getting failure notices from the Post?
(Latest post: Jul 31, 2012)
Oh no, not again...
(Latest post: Sep 4, 2011)
(Latest post: Jul 12, 2011)
Signing in room
(Posted: Mar 4, 2003)
(Last reply: Jul 4, 2011)
(Posted: Jan 30, 2003)
(Last reply: Jun 23, 2011)
Normal service will be resumed asap
(Latest post: Jun 2, 2011)
(Latest post: Mar 29, 2011)
Entry of the Month Badge
(Latest post: Jan 22, 2011)
Click here to see more Conversations
|Most Recent Guide Entries|
A1313713 Next To The Custard
(Oct 1, 2003)
A1303219 Next to the Custard
(Sep 24, 2003)
A1288703 Next to The Custard
(Sep 17, 2003)
A1171694 Next To The Custard
(Sep 10, 2003)
A1164241 Next To The Custard
(Sep 3, 2003)
A1136701 Next to The Custard
(Aug 6, 2003)
A1128052 Next to The Custard
(Jul 30, 2003)
A1119179 Next to The Custard
(Jul 23, 2003)
A1111186 Next to The Custard
(Jul 16, 2003)
A1104580 Next to The Custard
(Jul 9, 2003)
Click here to see more Guide Entries
|Most Recent Edited Entries|
This Researcher hasn't had any Guide Entries picked for editing, yet... but we're sure they soon will.
|Ripper, the Almost|
The page has been updated!!! (again!!!)
Who are you?
I'd also like to draw attention to the following:
- Ripper, the Almost
- H2G2 Reporter (and I have the badge to prove it) ( Mina! !)
- A Thingite, specifically, the Veteran Soditite Specialist and Navigator of High Speed Inanimate Objects (Including but not limited to Walls and Bus Stops)
- Keeper of Rice Pudding
- Professor of Apostrophology and Associated Punctuation (abbreviated to Prof of ', ? and !) at the University of Mice
- A Royal H2G2 Procrastinator (even though I haven't got around to joining)
(-1+8)*(9-0!-0!-0!) = 42 (ta Argon0) on good days, and
(1+8)*(9-0!-0!-0!) = 42 on other days...
Next To The Custard
My main venture on h2g2 has been Next to the Custard, which I started co-writing with friend MaW. It began (as an idea) on October 3rd 2002; appropriately its finale has been published now in the Post on October 2nd, 2003. Rumour has it there may be a sequel, but I wouldn't trust rumours if I was you...
While I'm promoting my own work, I suggest you read Future Prefect and Only Slightly, MaW's own stories, which I also think are very good.
H2G2 Researcher Code v1.1
This can be found here if you wanna know what it means or find out more...
----BEGIN H2G2 CODE BLOCK----
RGB Y N+ SB A>+ P--:- L++ M s>+ V++ E- p+++ B TV+ r D T nh C+ m+ t
-----END H2G2 CODE BLOCK-----
I am a PhD student at The University of Nottingham. I study Computer Science. I am 22 and come originally from near Manchester. I like the colour green. A lot. More than blue.
Anyone reading the underlined subheaders I've strewn about the place may like to note they're the four important questions from Babylon 5, a series I enjoy a lot. Just to show I've put some thought into all this...
What do you want?
I want to write a few Guide Entries on topics which appear to be missing from the Guide, but those will remain nameless a) so you can't copy them off me and post them first, and b) so I'm not actually committing myself to writing them. I have more than enough to write as it is.1
Why are you here?
Because it's fun. Because although I know the answer (42) I don't yet know the question. Because elephants have got four legs (usually). Because it's all MaW's fault, blame him.
Where are you going?
I'm not sure yet. I can tell you where I've been though - I was at the nodnoL Winter Meet 2003! I really enjoyed it, and I met a lot of people who probably hadn't heard of me beforehand, but may be checking this page out at some point to find out who I was...
Anyway, that's about it. Feel free to drop by. I may have chocolate digestives from time to time (Milk chocolate, although I think white chocolate might be a good idea).
- To the italics: it was great! thank you v. much!
- To Very Important Princess: my woolly jumper thanks you for your persistent attention, I will find out where you can get one of your own, I much appreciated your stroking it and encouraging others to do so. I also found it terribly amusing. VIP.
- To Pastey, Njan, Nyssa and the Guy in the Brown Hat (I think), among others (possibly), who were the people VIP encouraged...
- To Croz, who took pictures of it, which will probably appear on a Caption Contest .
- To Zak the Duck, who was kidnapped and officially held for ransom during the meet. Croz wore a "Have you seen this duck?" name-badge for several hours... I was impressed by his practicality. (Was Zak found?)
- To Dragonfly, who thought it terribly amusing to show Croz the remains of two chicken drumsticks which I'd eaten, and proclaim they were Zak's remains. Otherwise she seemed caring and friendly enough.
- To Tube, Naark, Andrew and umm... apologies, I can't remember your name: aka my pub-quiz team, which I also can't remember the name of...: did we win?
- To Shazz: Nice to meet you!
- To Lifson Kofie and Increase Mathers, Shrubber of Pelamar, who respectively didn't stab me with her spork, and who lent me blue-tac for my impromptu name-badge. I signed Lifson's towel, and much later thought for a while on something she said: that on the way to the second pub, unsure precisely of where we were going and unable to see other hootooers to guide us, she pointed out she was walking around a strange city with a bunch of strangers and not worrying about it. Which was true, in a sense. Cheers Lifson.
In the meantime, watch this space... any space... or just watch space.
Ripper, the Almost
1 Currently in progress: several novels, a series of short stories, a few one-offs, two research papers, the sequel to Next to the Custard, plus a few more ideas in developing stages.
| ||People have been talking about this Guide Entry. Here are the most recent Conversations:|
Welcome to this Researcher's Journal. If you'd like to comment on anything they have written here, just click the relevant 'Discuss this Entry' button.
an exciting new idea, continued! (Sodit 14th of Crunch)
Oct 14, 2002
well, it's nearly official. It will be official on Thursday, when the first episode of the series is published in the Post. MaW and I are very happy with the concept so far, and hopefully the series will echo this.
It's called "Next to the Custard". Look out for it!
an exciting new idea (Poets 4th of Crunch)
Oct 4, 2002
I've spent some time away doing other things, among them completing a degree. However, I have returned! In collaboration with MaW , I will be writing a series of short stories, and we intend to publish them in The Post if and when Shazz says "Ok!".
It all started with a very simple premise, which leads to many possible endings for the series, but none which immediately present themselves, so hopefully all and sundry will be able to keep guessing while we, the writers, weave our alternating tales around each other.
And of course, the two of us will have great fun writing it. Wouldn't be much point otherwise.
More details to follow, I hope. Among other things this will improve my h2g2 reputation while MaW has the variety of doing both this and Future Prefect (already a Post favourite).
I'd better update my page and get more chocolate digestives before things get busy...
Ripper, the Almost
a Doobry in Worse
Feb 9, 2002
Apparently, if I have been given a position in a thread, I officially have that position regardless of whether whoever it is has updated the page which tells everybody else this.
Which means I am officially Professor of Apostrophology and Associated Punctuation at the University of Mice, and Veteran Soditite Specialist and Navigator of High-Speed Inanimate Objects in Clan Thingite, even if the Manifestos don't say so.
I retain the adjective, "the Almost" cos I'm still working on my degree and I'm not there yet.
Sodit (Thing), last of Awful
Jan 31, 2002
as the as-yet unofficial Veteran Soditite Specialist and Navigator of High-Speed Inanimate Objects, I hereby name this day Sodit again. (There aren't enough Sodits in the week). Mostly cos I'm not . And I'm , which never helps. In fact I could drop of at any ti .
Wibble, 23rd of Awful
Jan 23, 2002
Progress is in the air! I am delving into more and more conversations, and have hopes that I will soon be instated as a full member of Clan Thingite! I am to be Veteran Soditite Specialist and Navigator of Inanimate Objects!
Furthermore, I have got the hang of deja vu. I failed first time, but after that...
Click here to see more Journal Entries