|Most Recent Conversations|
Mum update (GB)
(Latest post: 10 Hours Ago)
What Films have you seen recently?
(Posted: Oct 4, 2004)
(Last reply: 11 Hours Ago)
(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?
(Posted: Aug 30, 2004)
(Last reply: 14 Hours Ago)
The Collapsed Ruins of the Strand Underpass
(Posted: Sep 23, 2004)
(Last reply: Yesterday)
Tell Us A Joke
(Posted: Jul 25, 2003)
(Last reply: Yesterday)
No no no!!
(Posted: Oct 20, 2005)
(Last reply: 2 Days Ago)
What movie is this line from....?
(Posted: May 6, 2003)
(Last reply: 3 Days Ago)
(Posted: Jul 31, 2003)
(Last reply: 6 Days Ago)
250 not out
(Latest post: 6 Days Ago)
(Latest post: Last Week)
Click here to see more Conversations
|Most Recent Guide Entries|
A10079084 Land Rover - The Best 4x4xFar
(Mar 13, 2006)
A2493452 The Battenburg Address
(Apr 5, 2004)
A1070786 The Ballad of Grimly Moer
(Jun 6, 2003)
A1061966 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XXIII
(May 27, 2003)
A1054694 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XXII
(May 20, 2003)
A1050490 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XXI
(May 14, 2003)
A1043678 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XX
(May 7, 2003)
A1036531 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XIX
(Apr 30, 2003)
A1029610 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XVIII
(Apr 22, 2003)
A1025858 h2g2 Storytime II: Part XVII
(Apr 16, 2003)
Click here to see more Guide Entries
|Most Recent Edited Entries|
A930296 Answers to Children's Questions
(Jul 4, 2003)
A1053901 First Kiss, Last Kiss, Best Kiss and Worst Kiss
(Jun 5, 2003)
A1024101 Door Signs - Help or Hindrance?
(Apr 29, 2003)
A930179 Relaxation Techniques
(Apr 4, 2003)
A972290 Bog Roll - Over, Under or Not at All?
(Mar 26, 2003)
A848694 Great Golf Courses
(Feb 7, 2003)
A848685 Kissing with Confidence
(Jan 31, 2003)
A848649 Ski Resorts
(Jan 10, 2003)
A848577 Great Ways to Spend a Sunday
(Nov 15, 2002)
A846678 Perfect Packed Lunches
(Nov 8, 2002)
Click here to see more Edited Entries
|Ekki Ekki Ekki F'tang Hala Hala Hala Bah-Whing (1+(30/6)*6+6=42)|
Nothing to see here people - move along. That means you too Unknown Visitor ...
Oh, it's you. Why didn't you say so? Have you met everyone?
Everyone, this is Unknown Visitor. Unknown Visitor, this is Everyone.
The 14 groups into which animals can be divided according to "a certain chinese encyclopedia":
- (a) belonging to the Emperor
- (b) embalmed
- (c) tame
- (d) sucking pigs
- (e) sirens
- (f) fabulous
- (g) stray dogs
- (h) included in the present classification
- (i) frenzied
- (j) innumerable
- (k) drawn with a very fine camel hair brush
- (l) et cetera
- (m) having just broken the water pitcher
- (n) that from a long way off looks like flies
I like to think that I'd be a 'k' ... failing that an 'n'. If you would like to know more about the man behind the moniker, leave a message in this rather snazzy box and I'll see what I can do.
Bits and Roberts
Since my first few steps here in this often bamboozling but strangely adictive virtual world, I have, unlike the rolling stone of proverbial fame, gathered a fair bit of moss in the form of bizzare titles and positions of unauthority.
In the wider world they stand for little but in this world they are a passport to no end of excitement, adventure and spandex-clad derring do ...
- ACE Is down looking like up, and left bearing a remarkable resemblance to right? Does the word Alabaster bring you out in boils but you're not entirely sure why? Does the acronym ROFLMAO cause your eyes to water and give you the strange almost carnal urge to do the Cucaracha? If the answer is yes, no, maybe, don't be ridiculous, what, I'm sorry, DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH or White and One then choose a name from the drop down list below and ask away ... you could of course just ask me as I feature on said list and I've always believed something incredibly unbelievable which could explain why I'm having trouble remembering what it is.
- The Campaign to rename Thursday Thing1Does Sodit just about sum up the beginning of your week? Does the day formerly known as Wednesday leave you feeling strangely unfulfilled? Are you forever struggling with the concept of Thursday? If you have answered Yes to any of the above and more to the point have an unhealthy urge for a somewhat grandiose title then you will be welcomed at the above. Tell them I, Ekki, Chieftain of Clan McThing and Unofficial Purveyor of Fine Wines and Cakes, sent you ... and for the journey. Oh, and don't mind Dogastrophe ... he's young and gets a little carried away.
- Musehome - Muse of Moos and Cow Juice Don't look at me like that just go there ...
- Keeper of Things that go *BING* ... It's a hell of a job but someone's got to do it
- Short Term Memory Loss Man - CHOPPERS Do you have a thing for spandex? Does wearing your pants outside your trousers in a shocking combination of lurid colours get your juices going? Do you have an unquenchable desire to fight the forces of evil? Can you smell gas? ...
- Ambassador to rodassabmA - The Foreign Office, Alabaster House I'm only it for the Foie Gras and the Mistresses ...
- The Royal H2G2 Procrastinators Society It can wait ...
- Fish Adoption Society - Thanks to Tummyfish who on the 1st of July 2001 deemed me suited to adopting Charley Farley - a Fish-fish Fish of no fixed appearance.
The following list is of various people with whom I have had dealings ... if you want to be added to the list please send a stamped self addressed envelope with a cheque or postal order for 48 Altarian Dollars to:
Mor Teave Ikka
- Elly Without whom the guide would still be short of an entry on ing and I'd be short of an Israeli daughter . Just while I'm here it would be rude not to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Elly and Mike on their recent marriage ... all round.
- Abi Everyones Favourite ô - Itallic3.
- Dragonfly Without whom a number of cloven hooved, bovine ruminants would be museless ...
- Tabitca If it wasn't for Tabitca I wouldn't be part-time penguin ...
- Lady Almasy The ever elusive, formerly 'Queen' ... when she's here, she's here, when she's not, she's not ... that's just the way it goes
- Archangel Galaxy Babe Keeper of Keepers and Everyones Favourite ô - Archangel4
Besides those mentioned above, the following entries, Edited and otherwise, are personal favourites. This list is destined to grow and change as time goes on ... the fact that it hasn't grown is largely due to the fact that I can't be bottomed to find the page numbers ...
1 Fellow Thingites should not take umbrage at the mention of the words 'wednesday' and 'thursday' - without their usage, it was proving difficult to get what I wanted to say across!
2 The above address is totally fictional. Any resemblance to people or persons in real life is coincidental
3 Of the sample population of 1, 100% of respondents agreed the Abi was their favourite . Incidentally, volunteer respondents in the form of Elly and Mike similarly concurred.
4 Of the sample population of 1, 100% of respondents agreed that AGB was their favourite
| ||People have been talking about this Guide Entry. Here are the most recent Conversations:|
Ooh! Land Rovers!
(Last Posting: Nov 9, 2007)
Could you kindly...
(Last Posting: Oct 22, 2004)
I imagine Ekki wouldn't turn down a good massage...!!!!
(Last Posting: Mar 31, 2004)
(Last Posting: Sep 18, 2003)
Greetings from Grimless Ness
(Last Posting: Jun 22, 2003)
(Last Posting: Sep 29, 2006)
Taski delek, Ekki
(Last Posting: Aug 8, 2004)
(Last Posting: Nov 24, 2003)
(Last Posting: Jul 11, 2003)
The summer party!
(Last Posting: Jun 20, 2003)
Welcome to this Researcher's Journal. If you'd like to comment on anything they have written here, just click the relevant 'Discuss this Entry' button.
Long see no time ...
Mar 5, 2005
And lo, for it was written somewhere - possibly a Post-it note that was subsequently consigned to a wallet-based ostracism - that he who was, shall and has been called Ekki, would venture once more into the depths of the world of H2G2 to say something laden with more meaning and profundity than the world had seen for at least a couple of hours.
Then again, because said post-it was lost noone was entirely sure what had been said ...
A picture of self-restraint ...
Jul 21, 2003
And I tried so hard too ... we need a multifunctional maxim that combines not counting chickens, having cake and burning bridges ...
Simply Irresistable ...
Jun 27, 2003
... I'm male, what can I say ...
Feb 10, 2003
and that's all I have to say in the matter ...
Dec 23, 2002
Right you are everyone - Christmas is calling ...
Have a and may all your es be heavenly and may bring you all the s you've ever wanted.
See y'all 2003 if not before ...
Click here to see more Journal Entries