Walking The Isle Of Wight Coastal Path - Single Article Version
- Project Name: Walking The Isle of Wight Coastal Path
- Field Researcher:Bluebottle
- Faculty: Faculty of Sport & Lifestyle
- Start Date: December 2010
- End Date: December 2010
- Assisting Sub-editor:Tufty
As the author I have made a copy of the entire project for their own safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, I have a back-up.
The Story Behind The Article
Back in 2007 CunningPlan started work on an article about the Isle of Wight Coastal Path. Three years later, having walked the Isle of Wight Coastal Path for charity, I decided to write about the Coastal Path. However I then discovered that CunningPlan's article had never been finished and that CunningPlan himself had apparently Elvised.
I left a message asking him in August if he'd mind if I finished writing what he started, waited over 2 months for him to get back to me, and as he didn't, I wrote my own version, which I suppose counts as a scavenge.
I wished originally to co-credit CunningPlan, although in the end I made more changes to what he had written than I had originally intended - in pulling a thread of what he had written here and there, a lot of what he had written unravelled. Still he had put a lot of effort into writing what he did, so deserves some recognition for that.
(I could, of course, ignore his article completely and write an entirely my own article about the Isle of Wight Coastal Path. This, though, seems to be a shame as the author then wouldn't get the credit he deserves. And there would be a degree of overlap in any case - there are only a limited number of ways to write 'walk from Sandown to Shanklin along the coast' after all. I would much rather he receives some of the credit he deserves.)
I wrote the article, Walking The Isle Of Wight Coastal Path, and submitted it to Peer Review. However the comments there suggested splitting the article into sections, hence this project.
Previous Project Experience
Here is a list of my previous University projects:
- Piers Of The Isle of Wight, UK
Anglo-Saxon Isle of WightDinosaurs of The Isle of WightIsle Of Wight ShipwrecksIsle of Wight Radar During The Second World War - Part of Project: Radar.Halloween: Being The Adventures Of Michael MyersYorkshire's CastlesThe American Beatles Albums
- The American Beatles Albums: Project PageBeatles Biopics - Coming Soon! Beatles Biopics - Project PageThe Animated Asterix Films
- Coming Soon! Asterix Project Page
- Ryde Piers, Isle of Wight, UK
- Shanklin Pier, Isle of Wight, UK
- Piers of the West Wight, Isle of Wight, UK
- Piers of the East Wight, Isle of Wight, UK
- Piers of East and West Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
- Sandown Pier, Isle of Wight, UK
- Ventnor Piers, Isle of Wight, UK
Was that any help whatsover? Am I trying to show off? Or wanted to list them all generally somewhere and thought that this was as good a place as any? You decide!