A Conversation for Great Horror Movies

Darkness Falls

Post 1

Anarane


I went to see Darkness Falls yesterday afternoon.

The basic plot, like The Ring, is based on a myth. The myth has it that a woman became known in her town of Darkness Falls as the toothfairy when she gave the children a gold coin in exchange for their baby teeth (Once they had fallen out) However one day a fire tore through her home, scolding and burning the flesh on her face. Then on she wore a plain white mask and was subitted to living in the dark. Two boys went missing and the town blamed her and burned her at the village but not before she put a curse upon the town. The next day the two boys were found safe and well and the town "Burried their secret"

The story continues as a young boy loses his last tooth. His 'girlfriend' tells him that because it is his last tooth that he shouldn't peak when the tooth fairy comes. He ends up looking anyway but he fights her off using a torch as she cannot get to anybody while there is light. He runs to his mother who goes to check that there is nobody there. She ends up getting killed by the tooth fairy. The boy manages to get away.

The story continues 12 years later when 'the boy' is now a man and we learn that he was accused of killing his mother. Then again, who would believe that a toothfairy killed her? The man is always in the light and posseses many torches so that she cant get to him. He later learns that his childhood girlfriends very young brother, who is in a psychiatric-type hospital, has also seen the toothfairy and always has the lights on. If anyone looks directly at her then she will continue to try and kill you and who ever you're with untill you're dead.
The story goes on from there with the toothfairy haunting the man, boy and woman.

Ok maybe that wasnt so basic but there you go.

I think this could be just as scary as The Ring.
If anyone has seen both Darkness Falls and The Ring, please let me know what you think.


Key: Complain about this post

Darkness Falls

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more