A Conversation for Commuting by Bicycle in the UK

cycle commuting

Post 1

Nestmeister

Everybody in the world hates the journey to work - except cyclists.


cycle commuting

Post 2

AuntieH

Why do some cyclists persist in riding 2 ( or worse, sometimes 3 ) abreast making for long queues of traffic behind?

Also fine & dandy wanting to be afforded the same rights as other road users, but then why also want to be treated as pedestrians and use crossing patrols , or worse pavements when it suits?


cycle commuting

Post 3

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Cyclists persist in riding two abreast because they are legally allowed to, and it lets then have a chat.

Polite cyclists out in groups will single out when a car comes up from behind. Polite drivers will wait a few moments to allow this to happen.

And for the record, I never ride on pavements, or use crossing patrols, and only use pedestrian crossings when pushing the bike (and that very rarely).

Cheerio,
JzG


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more