A Conversation for The Standard Model of Particle Physics

Interesting, but one correction

Post 1

manolan


In the sentence: "However, protons and nucleons are both made from smaller particles called quarks." I think you mean "neutrons".

Also, the greek symbols don't work in Netscape (and never will unless h2g2 change to real UTC-8 coding rather than trying to fudge it with ISO-8859-1 - note that the character set does not include greek letters, so Netscape is behaving strictly correctly!). Nothing you can do about that.


Interesting, but one correction

Post 2

Orcus

Darn it, I was going to point that out too.

Fantastic article though smiley - smiley

...and they said my article on acidity was too advanced... smiley - bigeyes


Interesting, but one correction

Post 3

Monkeyrasta

Your correction is wrong, protons and neutrons consist of quarks. Protons and neutrons are types of nucleons, particles making up the nucleus.


Interesting, but one correction

Post 4

manolan


Well, thanks for waking up a long dormant thread. However you are wrong. My corrections stands.

I said:

'In the sentence: "However, protons and nucleons are both made from smaller particles called quarks." I think you mean "neutrons".'

You are correct that protons and neutrons are made up of quarks. You are correct that protons and neutrons are nucleons. You are, however, wrong because in that sentence, the researcher had written "protons and nucleons" when he meant "protons and neutrons".


Interesting, but one correction

Post 5

Ashley


Fixed smiley - ok


Interesting, but one correction

Post 6

ourmanflint " my name is Klaatu "

do quarks exist... I think not... so how can anything , especially something which is known to exist ie the proton, be made up of such non entities, quarks are a figment( or should that be pigment..QCD in joke)of your( not just your but all who subscribe to this belief of non existent sub particles) imagination...


Interesting, but one correction

Post 7

Researcher 227476

in the X-ray tube(W.D.COOLIDGE),the electron target is a metal with very high melting point,what other material can i use as the target?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more