A Conversation for Great Castles

castles

Post 1

romanadvoratelundar

hello

i have been to many castles but the best one has to be Beston in cheshire.
this is a wonderful place i shall tell you why.
we brought our dogs with us who will remain un named, any way meg decided she wanted to poo right in the middle of the bridge and so you guessed it i had to walk in it didnt i.
it is quite a walk esp when your parents decide to park in the overflow car park WHEN ITS NOT BUSY.
then we walked a bit marvelling at the bits of rock that had to place themselves right where i was walking. then i bird decided to bring me a little luck, if you know what i mean.
the highlight of the day was when my brother decided he had had enough and ran away, this really was the highlight.

so everyone go to this castle it is wonderful for family outtings. and when you go if you see a boy who is about 15 running about well please reply to this, the school are starting to ask questions and there are only so many excuses you can give.

while in the area why not visit peckforton castle, Jon Pertwee film time warrior there. BRING BACK DOCTOR WHO.


castles

Post 2

SallyM

Beeston Castle is my fave too.

Usual entry prices of national trust i guess.
It is situated in the village of beeston smiley - doh in the heart of Cheshire (a bit south of Northwich my home town).
It is a very old motte and bailey castle, with one side being a vertical cliff. It is a bit of a walk to the top, but it is worth it. The view is amazing, on a clear day you can see 3 counties, and the mountains of wales.
I took my boyfriend there, he grumbled all the way up, it is a bit steep. He finally got to the top and shut up. He agrees that beeston is the best castle too.

P.S. there is also a very nice icecream factory in the area

SallyM smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more