A Conversation for How to Plan a Dinner Party

Most important of all...

Post 1

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

...for the less formal sort of dinner party (ie not your boss or stuffy in-laws), remember these people are your friends! They already like you! You don't *have* to cook fancy things (although you can if you want to).

Make sure the food won't keep you in the kitchen all night instead of chatting with your guests - after all they have come to see you and will not be sending food back to the kitchen if it isn't perfect.

Above all, relax and have fun - it isn't meant to be an ordeal.

k

PS Haagen Daaz for dessert is always welcome..


Most important of all...

Post 2

Pantalaimon

You're oh so right. I can't imagine 'holding' a dinner party with people who would dare to disapprove of anything I've cooked/arranged. Even if the food is abysmal, surely the point is that it's an excuse for everyone to get together and have a good old booze up.

Foodwise, I reckon the pudding's the most important bit because most people don't bother with it in everyday meals. If I want to butter my granddad up, a stonking steamed pudding with custard always does the trick!


Most important of all...

Post 3

Desirdero

Or utilise my technique - drink, cook, chat and recruit kitchen helpers all at the same time smiley - cheers


Most important of all...

Post 4

Maewfannwr

There is nothing like a bit of pudding. Except of course, more pudding!!!!!!!!


Most important of all...

Post 5

Desirdero

With xmas coming up try this simple 1 minute dish. Pop a bowl full of xmas pud covered with thin black cherry yogurt (low fat works best) into a microwave and heat, the yogurt soaks up into the pud... yummy!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more