A Conversation for Tea

Earl Grey

Post 21

highlander2371

Yep waving a Tea bag at hot water is not Tea in my eyes. The stronger the better!smiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - tea


Earl Grey

Post 22

evil_tiger_lily

Very strongsmiley - tea, no milk, no sugar. I only have sugar in my smiley - tea when I'm forced to make it from a teabag, cause otherwise it has no taste. Add sugar to good, strongsmiley - tea and you loose the taste. Even the aroma changes.


Earl Grey

Post 23

UnfadingAscendant - Above the ashes

My idea of relaxation after a hard day, A good cup of Earl Grey tea, the nice squishy sofa all to myself and a tape of 'Scrubs' playing

Ahhhhhh

smiley - tea


Earl Grey

Post 24

davidpk212

My Ideal Way to make a cup of tea: (a cup, not a pot...)

GET A TEABAG. You cannot make tea without tealeaves, and the easiest way to get them is to use a teabag.

PUT THE TEABAG IN A CUP. Well, what else are you going to make it in?

BOIL THE KETTLE. Tea brews easier in hot water, and tastes nicer.

WAIT UNTIL THE KETTLE IS DONE.

POUR IN THE WATER BEFORE IT DROPS 2 DEGREES BENEATH 100 CELSIUS.

STIR IT. Nice and long... strong English Breakfast... bring out those flavours...

GET SOME MILK. Leave it at the side ready to go in.

REMOVE THE TEABAG. Before you pour the milk in, remove the teabag. NO, WITH A TEASPOON, NOT WITH YOUR FINGERS!

POUR IN SOME MILK. It should turn into a pale-brownish swirling liquid.

STIR IT AGAIN. What do you mean, you've already put the teaspoon in the dishwasher?

WAIT FOR IT TO COOL A BIT.

DRINK IT. SLOWLY. Let it dribble down your throat, relaxing every nerve, joint and bone in your body.


Earl Grey

Post 25

ChiKiSpirit

I was just replied to this post and it disappeared.
What's going on?


Earl Grey

Post 26

AlphaHamlin

I love Earl Grey, incidentally I tried it after reading DNA's bit in Salmon of Doubt. I'm always looking for new types of tea to try, but as of yet...nothing to the calibre of Earl Grey, it really is my favourite. In fact, it is currently the only kind I drink...unless, travesty of travesties, we're out.

I don't let that happen...

I take it strong, with a bit of milk and a teeny bit of sweetner in there. I'm not one for too much sugar. I've also tried other sorts of tea, but the strong aroma of Earl Grey, as well as the full-bodied taste sort of mellows out everything else I've tasted.

Jaded taste buds, I suppose.

I don't drink coffee on principle, as I support Make Trade Fair, so I'm strictly a tea-drinker. Leaves is great, tea bags are regrettably making up most of my tea supply at the moment.

Tea...Can't live without the stuff smiley - tea


Earl Grey?!

Post 27

wildcardgal

I love good Earl Grey. Some of the bizarre variations on it do leave me cold, for example Earl Grey Green Tea or Lavender Earl Grey ...and Lapsang Souchong is also a favourite of mine but I take it with milk AND sugar the way I had it when we went camping when I was a kid.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more