A Conversation for How to Make Elderflower 'Champagne'

Stronger?

Post 1

chadspad

Hi there, I am a complete newbie to trying any kind of wine making or champagne and have decided to try the elderflower first. I have to admit I am a bit of a ditherer tho and tend to spend far too much time reading about how to do things and never have the confidence to get on and do it!! Am hoping this receipe is easy enuf to even give me the get up and go lol. Anyway my question is this, is it possible to make it stronger in alcoholic content than the mild strength the recipe says it is? Also, the other 10 or so recipes for the same thing have used far more flowers, why would this be - just personal preferences?
Thanks Wendy


re: Stronger?

Post 2

Rory_Fairweather

Recipes for elderflower champagne vary from 3 heads to 12 heads. My experience with using wild ingredients is to go to the top range of the scale because there is less flavour in them. It's quite late in the season for elderflowers (end of july) but if you're lucky you might get some. I like to add the zest and juice of an orange at the same stage as the lemon juice but thats just my taste.
Enjoy! smiley - bubbly


Stronger?

Post 3

nanval

to make it stronger just add more sugar,hope it helps, Nan Cheshire


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more