A Conversation for Hurling - Irish Field Sport

Really good sport to watch

Post 1

Terran

Whenever I've been over to Ireland I've always been quite caught up in Hurling games, as they move at such a high pace. I don't know why its not travelled further to be honest, given how well the Irish travel (well I wouldn't be here today if they didn't travel smiley - winkeye ).

Quite violent sport though, fair number of players lacking teeth though when I've watched. Still good craic smiley - goodluck


Really good sport to watch

Post 2

Kat - From H2G2

Do you reckon there will ever be the possibility of its being shown on TV? I'd rather like to watch it for myself, but obviously in the comfort of my own bedroom...


Really good sport to watch

Post 3

Terran

I think its shown on some satellite/cable/digital channels. I think they may be pay to watch though. smiley - erm


Really good sport to watch

Post 4

Woodpigeon

I think it's shown on Setanta sport, which is a UK/Irish sports channel generally available in the UK. Irish bars are also a good place to go, usually around the early September / late summer timeframe when the championship is building up to the final stages.

Possibly one reason why it hasn't travelled is its close associations with Ireland and to some extent Irish politics: something like American football, whereas soccer and cricket etc are more international in their appeal. Also it's quite difficult to master the sport (hence the lack of teeth smiley - smiley)

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more