A Conversation for The Language of Flowers

Floriography

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - applauseTony2Times/Prof. Chaos.smiley - ok and thanks for linking to my flower entry smiley - smiley

What a lovely picture BLOB to go with your entry. Bet you're dead chuffed!

smiley - rose

GB
smiley - flyhi


Floriography

Post 2

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

Tis a nice blob, what a cute little girl. I wonder if she knows if she's famous. Am chuffed to get my second entry into the EG - even if I had no contact with the sub-editor which cheesed me off. Still though, when you see something you wrote on the front page its all worth it, lets just hope my x amount of articles in PR will get some attention soon.


Floriography

Post 3

moneybagsannie

No contact with the sub-ed?

OK, here's a tip - when you get your entry picked, do a search for the title and the "edited" one (which you have no control over) will come up as well as your own entry. It will say "Recommended" - and the sub-ed should be listed.
Go to their PS and make a new conversation with the title of your entry - and you can hold a discussion with them there.

Sometimes sub-eds drop me a message to tidy up some loose ends - sometimes I have no contact with the sub-ed at all. (That's usually a good sign, it means no extra work needs doing on your entrysmiley - ok)

Anyway I'd say you've made a great start, although I'm smiley - erm at your swing from fabulous flowers to smiley - illmen's toiletssmiley - yikes

smiley - winkeye

At least you're proving versatile!smiley - magic

smiley - biggrin

GB
smiley - flyhi


Floriography

Post 4

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

Aye well I didn't realise it'd been given to a sub until it was sent back as pending. Still, at least they did it efficiently rather than my Stanislavski entry which hasn't been touched by the sub since 17th August when it was created. After the sub not contacting me on this one I decided to contact the sub on the Stan one, they replied once and have said/done nothing more and its starting to bug me. Then again I've heard entries being with subs for 10 weeks so I guess 5 isn't too bad.

Well I have another 3 entries in PR that have just been lost at the back about dramatists and Pink Floyd and I felt I needed an entry to give me back my confidence in HooToo, so randomly I decided toilets because I figured I could write it slightly amusingly and it would interest people.

Yeah I like to be versatile and know a lot about a broad range of things, first entry was about Anglo-Irish history, do Post articles about books&albums, other entries about floriography, dramatists, toilets, albums, biography, video games etc. Nice to have people commenting at the bottom though smiley - smiley makes me feel like you care


Floriography

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I know exactly what you mean, I got a lot of feedback from the eds on my Harold Shipman entry (via email) then on the day it went live, no-one posted so I don't even know if anyone read it.smiley - erm

There should be something like a page counter like they have on eBay items, at least you'll know your work has been looked at, read even, then it doesn't matter if no-one comments.

There's nothing stopping you starting a thread at the sub-eds PS, as I already mentioned. Emails are too easily ignoredsmiley - winkeye Nothing wrong with geeing them up, surely? I know they're volunteers, but if they can't do the work they should resign, and pass the job on to someone who will do the work.

I know what you mean about confidence knocks, I currently have 7 (finished) entries languishing in PR and I have others ready to submit but am holding back because of what's been said recently smiley - erm

Peeps seem to like your men's toilet entrysmiley - winkeye

smiley - hug


Floriography

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I've just read your Freddie Mercury entry, which I think is very good,smiley - okwould you like me to review it, or isn't it finished yet?
(Spotted a couple of typos, but it can wait till you pop it in PR, if you're going to)smiley - winkeye


Floriography

Post 7

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

I didn't wanna saturate PR with my articles, I'd just feel rude. I only did the toilet one cos, as I said before, I figured people would like it. The Freddie one is an article waiting to be PRd for the above reason, though I do feel it needs something done to it, I'm not quite sure what though. I think I should do a bio of Queen to because the link I link to doesn't quite explain Queen's story properly. When I get back home I'll prob do it as I have a biography or two there.

I don't go in PR much these days because I'm so busy going out with ppl at university but once things settle down I'll go through and have a look for your articles. Think I'll give that guy a nudge to; you've given me the confidence.


Floriography

Post 8

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Glad you have a life offlinesmiley - winkeye

I've asked at the sub-ed home page what the etiquette is, for a sub-ed who hasn't logged in to h2g2 for 3 weeks (been doing some lurking) I haven't mentioned any names. But I will do if someone asks. It's not fair to keep you waiting like that.

Let me know when you put the Freddie Mercury entry in PRsmiley - ok

You should be confident, you're a very good writer.smiley - smiley


Floriography

Post 9

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

The person who answered said you should make a thread at the sub-eds page.

If still no response, you can let the editors know, they will assign the entry to another sub-ed.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Language of Flowers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more