A Conversation for 'Kubla Khan' by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

My S.T.C. Experience

Post 1

Twophlag Gargleblap - NWO NOW

Sometime a few years ago I got to experimenting with mycalogical (sp?) substances for the first time, and I wound up having a rather interesting and vivid eight hours of intense dreaming from the experience, full of very Milton-esque images of angels warring in heaven and all the rest of it. I woke up from this sleep with a fully-formed epic poem in my head, and I staggered over to my computer to lay the thing out. I got about three quarters of the way into it when my downstairs neighbour (purveyor of mycalogical goodies from the previous night) started banging on my front door asking for a cigarette.

By the time I had given him one and shooed him off, the remaining part of the poem, and the dream, was gone from my head. I no longer have a copy of it, unfortunately, because I happened to come across some sumerian mythology that described my dream rather precisely; it seems someone had beaten me to writing that particular poem about six thousand years ago. Still, it's given me food for though with regards to Jung's idea of a collective unconscious of primordial symbols.


My S.T.C. Experience

Post 2

janica

Funny. I had that same experience. Litterally, except that in my vision the angels were having sex...and noone interrupted me!
Im writing a book...


My S.T.C. Experience

Post 3

Twophlag Gargleblap - NWO NOW

Your dream sounds like a lot more fun than mine; in mine they were all killing each other and shedding blood and such. I suppose there's room to interpret that several ways, mind you.

You should let me know when your book is written; if it doesn't suck i'd be interested in having a look.


Removed

Post 4

Hawruss

This post has been removed.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more