A Conversation for Solipsism

This struck me as similer to a theory i came up with

Post 1

Qnaalor

ok, this is hard to explain, but i'll try. Imagine that the universe is something like a ball of electicity, and charges are constantly being released in it. "You" are just a spark, and what you "see" and "remember" is just electricity. The universe as you see it is a snapshot of what you think is a dynamic universe, it is actually static. "Why does it all seem to go together so well?" you might say? it just seems that way, because, you're just a charge of electricity with no view of the outside world, so you of course couldn't find a mistake in your own existance! Though discussing this seems to defy the theory, as it says that other "people" do not exist, but I still find it interesting to think about it. What do you people think about this? I hope this makes sense.

**note:
when i talk about electricity, i just mean that as an example, as it would be highly unlikely that anything that we see would actually exist.


This struck me as similer to a theory i came up with

Post 2

Martin Harper

Doesn't entirely make sense to me. If the universe is static, how can charges be "released" into it? Releasing implies some form of change - a dynamic universe. Could you clarify this?

-Martin


Key: Complain about this post

This struck me as similer to a theory i came up with

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more