A Conversation for The Ballista and Trebuchet - Antique Catapults

Scrapheap Challenge

Post 1

The Cow

They had to make a trebuchet out of scrap, you know.

I think they were firing live turnips... smiley - winkeye

Great program.


Scrapheap Challenge

Post 2

BuskingBob

Yep - live turnips it was - and surprisingly accurately, all things considered.


Scrapheap Challenge

Post 3

Lord Preston

i'd just like to point out that a treb' is a very accurate seige weapon, and turnips are a perfect shape for holding there flight path. Also scrap is the best thing to make anything out of coz if it don't work you just blame it on the materials you used.
High Priest of Glendor


Scrapheap Challenge

Post 4

Lizardboy

An even better example was on "secrets of lost empires" Where they discovered that a decent-sized piano could be launched with no less difficulty had it been a turnip. They also realized that if wheel are added to the bottom...

-It fires furhter, due to the follow-through

-It doesn't teeter, and fall over


Scrapheap Challenge

Post 5

Lord Preston

god this is an old post... intreasting bout the piano... very intreasting.
lol, i wrote my last entry before i had even started the "Mark Moxon Fan Club" and before i had started the smiley - toffeeapple tag protest. i wasn't even a lord then! geeze!!!
Lord Preston OMFC (used 2 b high priest of Glendor)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more