A Conversation for Shakespeare's Globe, Bankside, London

Volunteers at the Globe

Post 1

Caregan

All the Stewards at the Globe (the people in the fetching tabards who show you to your seat & sell you programmes or rent you cushions) are volunteers. It's a great way to get involved with the theatre - you see the plays for free, meet the cast and crew, get invited to lots of Stewards events (involving smiley - cake and smiley - ale)and have privileges like booking the seats in the Musician's gallery above the stage. You also get your name in the production programmes if you sign up early enough in the year. You can do as many performances as you want, on whatever days/times you want too.

I highly recommend it - even in the rain it's great fun, you feel like you're contributing something & you get to hear Mark Rylance makes lots of inspirational (and very funny) speeches at the start of the year. smiley - smiley

To volunteer as a steward, you just call the contact number listed on the official website (http://www.shakespeares-globe.org/), listed under 'Theatre' / 'Supporting The Season'.


Key: Complain about this post

Volunteers at the Globe

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more