A Conversation for The Moon

I touched the Moon

Post 1

Deek

Back in March 2001 I was lucky enough to be able to visit the Kennedy Space Centre and fulfill a long held ambition to watch a Space Shuttle launch. (STS 102 Discovery).
While there, I visited the new Saturn/Apollo exhibition and found that the display included a piece of moonrock under a protective cover that you were able to reach out to touch.
Almost everyone I saw did just that. I did too and it gave me just as much of a kick as the launch. I think of that each time I look at the Moon and it still gives me goosebumps.
All the best
A.M. smiley - moonsmiley - rocket


I touched the Moon

Post 2

Jimi X

Wow! That is really, really cool...

*makes plans to go to Florida*

Have you ever heard that Rush song about the shuttle? I think it's the last song on the Signals album...

*rumages around a bit in the drawer*

I was right. It's the last track on that album and it's called 'Countdown'. It's really brilliant with real NASA radio feeds mixed into the song...


I touched the Moon

Post 3

Deek

Hi Jimi smiley - smiley
Yes, it was a great experience. The Saturn/Apollo exhibition is fantastic.. out of this world!
I haven't heard the album you mention but I'll be sure to try to track it down. Thanks.
'Off to the local record shop'
All the best A.M. smiley - rocket


I touched the Moon

Post 4

Deek

Hi Jimi,
I picked up a copy and it's great.
Listening to it right now.
Cool..smiley - cool
All the best, A.M. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more