A Conversation for The 1970s

Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 1

Demon Drawer

The problem with being a child of the 70's is the production of old school photos. Because sadly all of us under an age of consentual dressing were dressed in embaressing flares which during the Bay City Roller period were all checked.

Also our fathers had large sideburns which were unkempt. How bizarre that in the 90's their sons would again wear side burns but this time totally groomed and taking far more effort. smiley - smiley


Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

I was going to rant about how bad the dress sense was...but then realised that I'm sitting here in day old stubble and a shirt so yellow it could clear fog smiley - winkeye...
(I do have an old school photo complete with _huge_ shirt collar which is probably late 70s though!...urgh)


Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 3

Dinsdale Piranha

My mother (curse her) has a family group photo of us at a wedding. Yours truly is standing there (aged 16) in my first suit - _huge_ lapels, flares so big they look like I'm wearing a long dress (you can't see my shoes because of the flares but they were probably terrible), tie like _two_ kippers stitched together and hair down to my shoulders. Unnacountably, I am smiling, and the whole effect is topped off with the finest crop of zits ever.


Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 4

Wand'rin star

Duncan - how can you possibly have a school picture from the late 70's that is a bad fashion statement?
You were in Lesotho in short pants, so no flares.No school tie, so no kippers. Fairly short hair, so no sideburns Are you trying to say after all this time that you were on drugs and therefore your memories of the decade are different from mine? Or perhaps I was?


Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

No - I was a child of the 70s, but the offending photo is from '82 I think (Knowle, anyhow).
Still - It's a thousand times better than any photos that came back from this Bavarian soccer night ... yurgh! smiley - winkeye


Old School Photo Embaresment

Post 6

Jac

How about embarrassing wedding photos. Our kids think their Dad's hair is hilarious and as for the flares!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more