A Conversation for The Hanger Lane Gyratory System

The Gyratory.

Post 1

BuskingBob

I had the pleasure to use the system a couple of years ago - it is certainly deserving of it's own special place in the Guide. The Gyratory itself is also a good way to see other parts of the country, because it is quite likely that if you don't fully understand the way it works, you can easily be forced to shoot off at a tangent onto some other road system. Or get into a right-of-way argument with a huge truck taking two lanes to go round a bend.


Move over..

Post 2

Livzy



Oi !!!

You old man in the mini metro...

get the f*** out of my way...


Move over..

Post 3

BuskingBob

I rapidly learned that the only way to cope with the Gyratory was to adopt the technique I recommend when leaving Heathrow - adjust all rear facing mirrors so that you won't be tempted to use them and turn the radio up really loud. Otherwise you get distracted by other road users blaring their horns at you.

smiley - smiley


Move over..

Post 4

Hopelessly Paranoid

If you think its a pain to drive around, try walking it.... I always used to get confused in the subway under Hanger Lane station...up untill the age of 12... grrrr... anyway, I can just about navigate the place now... Long live the pedestrian...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more