A Conversation for 'Watership Down' - the Book and Film

The book's better.

Post 21

Penguin Girl - returned at last

I too believe that the books are the true H2G2. Have any of you played the game Starship Titanic? It can be fun, though I'm currently stuck. There's a book as well, which Douglas Adams didn't write because he was too busy working on the game and that was more fun anyway.


The book's better.

Post 22

Afgncaap5

So which is the true version? Game or book?


The book's better.

Post 23

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Well, they were written simultaneously, so that's a hard one. The book was written by Terry Jones, but the idea of a Starship Titanic first came up in a hhgttg book. So it all depends on who you believe in more. But I think that Douglas Adams picked Terry Jones to write it. It's all in the book's introduciton.


The book's better.

Post 24

Jenny and Fred the cheese

didn't he write something else with him? i'm sure he did


The book's better.

Post 25

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Maybe. I don't know. Is there an article on Terry Jones?


The book's better.

Post 26

tony105

That was one of the most difficult text adventure games of all time. And it had the most incredibly intelligent command interpreter (if you only entered half a command it would try to figure the rest out, for example).

I was just disappointed that it ended when the Heart of Gold got to Magrathea, which wasn't the end of the book.


The book's better.

Post 27

tony105

Sorry, the above was a reference to the earlier reference to the Infocom text adventure game Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.


The book's better.

Post 28

Afgncaap5

I was a bit upset by that myself. I was further upset by the fact that they never got around to a sequel. But at least DNA managed to write Beaureaucracy after that.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more