A Conversation for Mohonk Mountain House

Mohonk notes

Post 1

Researcher 93445

I stayed at Mohonk a few times in the early 90s. Expensive, yes, but worth it if you were making a decent salary. A very relaxing place. Their rooms are all rented on a price that includes all meals, including wonderful dinners (for which you must wear a suit jacket if you're male), so the price isn't quite as outrageous as it seems.

There is no television in any of the rooms. In fact there was only one TV in the whole place when I was there, down in the basement in the smoking room.

One way to enjoy the Mohonk dining experience without a room is to make reservations for their Thanksgiving dinner. As I recall this was reasonably priced (something like $50 per person). You got to enjoy the hotel and the grounds for the day, and then eat like a pig at night.


Mohonk notes

Post 2

Tadd

If you are a guest at the hotel, for dinner, or overnight, where do you park? If at the guard house, how do you get back and forth to the car?


Mohonk notes

Post 3

Researcher 93445

You pull up right to the back of the hotel and let the nice parking attendants park your car for you. I recall tipping them reasonably well, but I don't think there was a charge for the parking.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more