A Conversation for Monty Python's 'Galaxy Song'

Oh Lord you are so big...

Post 1

draculaslawyer

well maybe not quite right but and interesting theory did you know that evolution actually backfires on itself. Under the human lifespan it seems to work ubntill you look at a little island called Australia. There is no way that a duckbilled plattapuss evolved like that it has no reason unless as Robin Williams said God got high


Oh Lord you are so big...

Post 2

Danny B

Evolution doesn't make things that are 'perfect' - it just makes things that work, more or less. Providing there's a supply of food and a lack of predators, there's no reason why any nonsense can't survive!

Maybe someone more expert than I can provide a more detailed answer..?


Oh Lord you are so big...

Post 3

Nick_Em (not_him)

Australia 'little'? The sixth largest country in the world my friend, and don't you forget it smiley - winkeye.


Oh Lord you are so big...

Post 4

FordsTowel

Heck! Australia is a WHOLE CONTINENT, fair dinkum!!

smiley - towel

By the way, evolution has proven that separating species from others increases diversity. The fact that Australia is cut off from all other land masses (in current geological time), increases the likelihood that things like the Platypus would show up!


Oh Lord you are so big...

Post 5

logicus tracticus philosophicus

And Keith Miller's (not light though) triple (X)where X= coz not why...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more