A Conversation for Evolution

Life

Post 1

Len (Snowie) Baynes

What is the most wonderful thing ever to exist? Search your mind, and you will probably think of machines, human feats, voyages to other planets, and what have you.
It's none of these great human accomplishment, but a microscopally small object - the stem cell.
Unless we believe that The Almighty bothers to add things to it as it goes on its way, it contains a blueprint for all that we are; genes, chromasomes, skeleton, kidneys, blood, heart and the bundle of Hess that provides the electric signal for it to beat; plus all the other organs, glands and artery/vein network etc, skin and hair; the windows of our souls - eyes; and last but not least, our wonderful 'head computers', which we call our brains. It also contains the seed for what we all think of as 'me'.
The greatest library in the world would be hard put to it to contain all that is in something too small to see with the naked eye, even if it were known.
Len Baynes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more