A Conversation for Chewing Gum

Non-stick chewing gum

Post 1

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Scientists at Bristol University, UK have develpoed the world's first non-stick gum, called 'Rev 7 gum', which can be washed off pavement surfaces by rain alone. Other tests show that it is equally weasy to peel off shoes, the underside f desks or even tease out of hair.

Subject to safety approval, it could be on sale by 2008, costing around £0.4 per packet.

This ends a 25-year world-wide quest to find a low-adhesion chewing gum.

Norml CG IS MADE FROM AMIXTURE OF SYNTHETIC RUBBER, CHALK, WAX, SUGAR AND FLAVOURINGS, THE STICKINESS COMING FROM AN ADHESIVE FOUND ALSO IN CAR TYRES.

tHE bRISTOL SCIENTISTS HAVE REplaced this with a non-stick synthetic material. This is hydrophilic,enabling it to be easily washed off.

Reported at British Association Festival of Science in York, September, 2007.


Non-stick chewing gum

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

The non-stick chewing gum, Rev7, developed by Revolymer (a company set up by Bristol University, UK) went on sale for the first time on October 4th 2010.

http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2010/7240.html


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more