A Conversation for 'Star Wars' - the Films

Return of the Tedi

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

This entry doesn't seem to mention the fact that the 'cuteness factor' of the Ewoks is considered by many to have destroyed what should have been the glorious final episode of the first trilogy (Episodes 4, 5 and 6).

It's for this reason that it bears the nickname 'Return of the Tedi'.


Return of the Tedi

Post 2

Oberon2001 (Scout)

.... I´m sorry, what?
Oberon2001


Return of the Tedi

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Tedi Bears?


Return of the Tedi

Post 4

Cefpret

I love the Ewoks. If Lucas excluded all of those "controversial" things like the Ewoks or Jar-Jar Binks (sp?) we'd have the same totally-PC-created-for-lowest-common-denominator movies that tortured me during the 90s and today. Star Wars needs a certain amount of kitsch and silliness.


Return of the Tedi

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I've no objection to kitsch, but it should have taken more than a few teddies and a load of logs to defeat Imperial Storm Troopers.


Return of the Tedi

Post 6

Cefpret

Well, that's the silliness simply! smiley - smiley

On the other hand, you'll find such inconsistencies in every fantasy or SF movie. For example, the Lord of the Rings isn't free of them either.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more