|Consequential Collaboration ||||Evolutionary Collaboration ||||Team Collaboration ||||Writing Workshop Emulation |||
Do you like to share your knowledge with others? Ever wanted to write an entry but couldn't because you thought it couldn't be detailed enough? Then welcome to the Grand Collaborative Account Project - a trial project that attempts to find the fastest, most efficient method of creating quality collaborative guide entries.This account has been set up with all h2g2 researchers in mind, that we can all work on together. To find out how to join, please read our simple instructions. Don't want to join right now? Well, you can still get involved. See these instructions for details...Join now, there is no need to wait for everyone to leave this account!
Quick Start Guide
- In a nutshell, the Collaboration Project gives you 5 different ways for creating your masterpiece of a guide entry: consequentially, as an evolutionary entry, as a team effort, in a style similar to the existing h2g2 review forums, or by continually expanding and improving entries written by people who have logged in as Collaborator. And don't forget, the entries written with this project are not confined to those destined for the Edited Guide - please feel free to contribute fictional/Underguide entries too!
- To gain the password to the account, you need to join up. To start this process, simply begin a conversation below and you will be guided through it. For more details you need to read the instructions for joining referenced above.
- Everyone can start an entry, whether you have joined or not.
- After adding a guide entry you see the A number at the top. Copy and paste this number to the first line of the journal and write a summary of the entry.
- Reply to this journal entry and copy the content of the new version of the entry there.
- Add your researcher nick name on the last line.
- If you have any feedback - comments, complaints, suggestions for improvement or queries - you can start a conversation here, or contact the makers of the scheme: the Traveller in Time and the Baryonic Being. Perhaps you think all this is rather complicated; so please tell us!
- Please don't add conversations for new entries to this space; select the appropriate style-of-writing link first (unless you are logged in as Collaborator, in which case you don't need to start a conversation for each entry you submit).
- Any existing entry can be altered by everyone else. For members, this process is direct; for non-members, you can contribute just like in peer review, or by following the suggested methods of guide entry creation detailed on the instructions page for non-members.
- Keep an eye on the journals with a second browser window; you might not be the only one updating. If you are using the Mozilla browser you could also hold Ctrl and click the edit entry to open it in a new tab, so that you can still see the entry itself and refresh that when appropriate.
- Only preview the entry during reediting.
- Copy the content of the altered version from the entry to the corresponding journal.
- Do not forget to add your name on the last line, and add your researcher number to the list of researchers who wrote/edited the entry.
- Do not forget to update the entry
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Approved Entries
This user has not written any Approved Entries.
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
- This user has no Bookmarks