Josh the Genius
I've thought about joining the official procrastinator's society, but I haven't got around to it.
Confidence is the key to success...I think.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't.
Welcome! I am "Josh the Genius", which has a nice ring to it, but I can't say it is entirely truthful. In any case, here's a little about me.
- Name: Josh the Genius
- Residence: a dairy farm in Oklahoma
- Age: 16
- Education: Currently a sophomore in high school
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 120 lbs
- Religion: Christianity
I Know the Question to the Answer of 42!
You'll see people on this site who try to describe the question to the answer of 42 mathematically, but, sad to say, they are incorrect. I discovered, quite by accident the question to the answer while attempting to pass the time in Physical Science class. I wrote the phrase, "the answer to life the universe and everything" and began to count the letters (it was a really boring lecture, okay?) and realized it added up to 39 (almost 42!). I added commas and a period to get "the answer to life, the universe, and everything." This makes 42 characters in the phrase. Perhaps Deep Thought's hearing diodes were somewhat clogged and he thought the question was, "How many characters are in the phrase, 'the answer to life, the universe, and everything.'" More than perhaps, it must be so!
A Lengthy List of my Heroes
I probably have the world record for most heroes for one person. Here's a condensed list. Feel free to skip over this part. Even I get bogged down in it!
All-time Greatest Hero
- Douglas Adams
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- C.S. Lewis
- Michael Crichton
- Tim Lahaye/Jerry Jenkins
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- William Shakespeare
- King David
- Robert Frost
- Mark Twain
- Bill Watterson
- Gary Larson
- Burke Breathed
- Edvard Munch
- Thomas Kinkade
- Norman Rockwell
- Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Bob Dylan
- Neil Young
- John Denver
- Charlotte Church
- dc Talk
- The Supertones
- John Williams
- George Washington
- Colin Powell
- Julius Caesar
- Abraham Lincoln
- George W. Bush
- Rush Limbaugh
- Zaphod Beeblebrox
- Humphrey Bogart
- John Wayne
- William Shatner
- Jeri Ryan
- Grace Kelly
Here's a collection of my favorite quotes.
"Preach the Gospel to all the world, and if nessicary, use words."
--St. Francis of Accici
"I'm operating with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."
"The best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is to stick your fingers down his throat."
"I know the world isn't fair, but how come it's never unfair in my favor?"
"One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them; One ring to bring them all And in the darkness, bind them."
"So foul and fair a day I have not seen."
"All my powers of expression, I thought so sublime Could never do you justice in reason or rhyme."
"Time is the fire in which we burn."
--Tolian Soran (Star Trek 7: Generations)
"Where were you where I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me if you understand. Who marked off it's dimentions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone-- while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?"
--God (Job 38: 4-7)
"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
--Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19,20)
I hate disagreeing with people, but I love to argue. Does that make any sense? I thought not. It's not that I like making enemies (agruing is a great way to make friends), I just love the thrill of dispute! Anyway, I've written a list of things that I enjoy debating about (though, you can probably find much more to disagree with me about). If you agree with me about any of these, you can drop me a note about that as well. I'm always looking for more evidence.
- Creationism- I'm what's called a Scientific Creationist, meaning I see Creationism, not as a blind faith, but a legitimate scientific theory with legitimate scientific evidence backing it.
- Capital Punishment- I know I'm going to be hated for this, but I believe the death penalty is nessicary for the safety of good citizens and the assurance of justice.
- Abortion- Sometimes I wonder if people who support abortion would have their parents abort them. I am adamantly against baby murdering.
- Racial Profiling- I used to believe racial profiling to a minimal extent was nessicary to ensure the safety of airports in America, but Ste, one of the best debaters I have ever met, has made me not so sure of that. What do you think?
- The Right Wing- I believe the Democratic party has broken away from its roots in patriotism, democracy, the Constitution, and the will of the people. I can't wait to register as a Republican.
- Eternal Security- When I was 14 years old, I accepted Christ as my Savior, God, and Guide to the future. I believe that, no matter what happens, no matter what I do, I will go to heaven when I die. Some Christians believe that you can lose that salvation.
Remember, I harbor no hard feelings if you disagree with me, although, I will try to change your mind!
"The road goes ever ever on."
Well, to pick up loose ends, I'll say I can be categorized several other ways as well, including Star Trek fan, Star Wars fan, and I am particularly fond of legos. I know, I'm to old, but I just can't give them up.
Well, you're almost to the end. Feel free to drop me a note or two, sometime. I'm always ready to argue or agree.
I added another header here, just for fun.
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Name: Josh the Genius
Most Recent Approved Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
- This user has no Bookmarks