Yes, this is my personal space. I'm iaoth, your regular run-o-the-mill friendly lower-case , although not an h2g2 angel. I'm actually one of the rather unknown members of the 8th angelic choir; the archangels. (Again, I have to point out that I'm not part of the angel community of h2g2 -- I'm a real angel. )
There's not much to tell about me. Like most angels, I like music. I listen to Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, Moloko, Marilyn Manson, Sting, Kate Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Steely Dan, Nik Kershaw, TOOL, Destiny's Child, Jethro Tull, System of a Down, Frank Zappa, Soundgarden, Ministry, Björk, Veruca Salt, White/Rob Zombie, et cetera. You know the drill. I also enjoy role-playing games, composing, playing the drums & the piano, singing (which obviously means I'm a MuG, a member of the h2g2 Musicians Guild), diabolo juggling, writing, reading and programming. I like games such as 1 and 2. Again, typically angelic things.
Oh, and the Monkey Island series rock! Except for the 4th game, Escape from Monkey Island. In my opinion, LucasArts no longer hold the title "Most Excellent Adventure Game Makers (Dude)". That title now belongs to FunCom (at least for now), for their outstanding game The Longest Journey.
I enjoy reading manga (Japanese comics) and watching anime (Japanese animation), especially the humorous sort. Japanese humour is cool. I'm currently taking a Japanese course.
I am proud to be one of the founding fathers of the University of Mice. I used to handle some administrative tasks, but I've been away for quite a while and I have no idea how to log in as the Mice again, but I'm still Professor of Squeekish.
It has been announced that I'm an h2g2 haijin. (No, not a cripple, and no, not ashes and dust. Haijin also means "haiku poet". Although "ashes and dust" sounds cool...) Feel free to join the haiku challenge at The Haiku Challenge page. Below is my worst haiku yet.
Writing haikus is easy;
just count syllables.
I think ASCII art is cool. I think on-line comic strips are cool. I combined the two, and what did I get? My own daily on-line strip called Nerd Boy, which I think is - you guessed it - pretty cool.
Well, you can probably figure out the rest by yourself, it would be a waste of space to just state the obvious, and I wouldn't want to waste any h2g2 space, now would I? So that's it. Now read my other entries.
- A545960 - the bit about The Last Unicorn
- A581096 - I had some influence on the bit about Gödel, I guess
- A580259 - the 21 card trick
Notes to self
- Finish the entry on Hopfield Networks.
- Finish the entry on 42-count/ratio.
- Write an entry on the Hashshashin.
- Write an entry on permutations and the 8-puzzle.
- Write an entry on groups and card tricks.
- Write an entry on conjugates and Rubik's Cube.
- Finish the AL/GA/NN project 'GeneBots'.
- Learn Japanese.
- Practice pronunciation. Not half bad
- Learn more kanji. Know the basic ones
- Learn more grammar.
Well, what are you waiting for?! Do it!
I don't wanna!
- Extremely urgent! Go buy candy and eat it.
- Watch TV.
- Stop writing boring lists.
- Get a life.
- Don't get a life.
- Learn Japanese -- but only the cool bits.
- Learn to speak/read/write Japanese like a native.
Now, now, now!!
Don't be selfish and lazy. It's immoral.
- Teach yourself self-control and discipline.
- Teach yourself telekinesis.
- Learn martial arts from a real martial artist.
- Keep in shape and in touch with yourself.
- Plan ahead.
- Act responsibly.
- Be vigilant.
- Don't have kids; it's selfish.
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Approved Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
iaoth has no Followers
- This user has no Bookmarks